Job Vacancy: Freelance Journalist/Editor29 Apr 2014, Posted by News in
- researching available sources, attending council meetings and press conferences, interviewing people with the most relevant questions, analyzing their input and reporting events or stories in a own unique manner
- planning the content of magazines, books, technical journals, trade magazines, newsletters and other publications.
- review proposals/manuscripts for books, assess the quality of it.
- must maintain an unbiased and balanced approach to each story .
- must abide by the law and not make any unfounded allegations.
- must also meet the deadlines for feature stories in magazines, which can often be weeks or months in advance of the publication date for monthly magazines.
- requires that the writer or reporter seek out fresh stories and clearly, accurately convey their findings to the public as they are transpiring.
- must be an excellent writer.
- must have a firm grasp of the English language, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- must be able to write well in a variety of styles, including technical, descriptive, and persuasive.
- must be up-to-date about current happenings and be well informed about a broad range of subjects
- School and college experience in the field of editing is always an added advantage.
Interested applicants should send their CVs and recent passport photograph to email@example.com